Aims and objectives of the BRITs Committee
· To ensure that the work of the Society fully reflects the needs and views of its members who are doctors in training.
· To advise the Society on matters from the perspective of the specialist trainee in respect of education and training, workforce issues, research, and professional and organisational standards.
· To ensure that trainee doctor input is included in the Society’s work to improve the care of people with rheumatology and musculoskeletal diseases - including treatment, therapy and procedures; appropriate standards of care and resources; and education and research requirements.
· To be the main channel through which the Society can receive the views of specialist trainee members and through which the Society can send information to members about the areas mentioned above.
· To have a pivotal role in communication and linking together a wide range of activities in the relevant BSR region.
It's main tasks are:
· Education and Events: To provide advice to the society and contribute to the delivery of trainee focussed initiatives and activities within the annual programme of conferences.
· Website: To produce relevant content for the trainees section of the website and review to ensure relevant and up to date.
· E-learning: To provide suggestions based on gaps in existing trainee resource, advice, material and assistance around BSR e-learning platform.
· Communication: To contribute to production of content for distribution through BSR communications channels and to act as a conduit for two way communication with trainees in each BSR regional through the existing BSR structures.
· Guidelines and Advice: To contribute to the society’s guideline development programme, providing advice about the need for a guideline and actively contributing to their development.
· Research: To advise the Research Committee about emerging and unmet research needs in the disease area, especially where the Society might be involved in some way in answering clinically significant questions.
Membership of the Committee
The committee is composed of:
1. A Chairperson
2. A Chair Elect (for 12 months prior to current Chair’s term of office ending)
3. A Vice Chair (selected from the committee by the Chair when a chair-elect is not in post)
4. A member of the Education and Training Committee